Video Advertising Experiences Rapid Growth - Are You Making the Shift?
As digital marketing strategies evolve, brands are turning more and more to video ads to promote their products or services in a fresh, creative way and to connect with their audiences. Videos add a jolt of excitement to any digital marketing strategy if they're produced well and combined with a solid programmatic strategy - and as an added benefit, videos also have a very positive effect on your search engine optimization (SEO) rankings. According to GeniusMonkey.com, viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a creative video compared to 10% when reading it in text. Forbes says that video “creates an immediate, real and authentic route of interaction and connectivity with audience members”.
Still not convinced that you need to add more video advertising to your creative marketing mix? Take a look at these quick statistics:
- 46% of users take action after viewing a video ad (GeniusMonkey.com).
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80% (Forbes).
- An email with a video is 96% more likely to get a click-through (GeniusMonkey.com).
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it (MarketingProfs.com)
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (SocialMediaToday.com).
- Marketers who use video can increase their revenue 49% faster than non-video users (SocialMediaToday.com).
- 43% of consumers want to see more video content from marketers (SocialMediaToday.com).
- By 2019, video marketing will make up 80% of online content (Forbes).
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- Video ads spending will grow nearly 30% to $27.82 billion in 2018, which means video ad spending will make up 25% of US digital ad spending (emarketer)
- US digital video ad spending in 2022 will surpass $50 billion (emarketer)
So, what does this all say about video advertising? Videos provide an effective marketing tool and they strongly influence the audience’s buying behavior. “…Viewers are more than 85% more likely to make a purchase after watching a product video.” (GeniusMonkey.com). Also, according to Forbes, 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions. Team Vision Marketing recommends that brands and marketers should seriously consider adding more video ads into their marketing mix to take their digital marketing strategy to the next level. In fact, many major brands are allotting more of their online marketing budget to video development and video editing, but keep in mind that the ads need to be entertaining and authentic in order to engage the audience.
Convinced you need to create more video ads and don’t know where to start? Well, creating quality video ads can take a lot of time an effort. And in a world that's moving more and more toward videos in advertising, you will likely need to start producing new web, advertising and social media videos on an ongoing basis. Unless you happen to be a small business owner with a background in video editing (and have the time to do it), you're likely going to need to look to an advertising agency or digital marketing agency. That's where we come in. If you're in need of television commercials, long and short format video development, drone videos, promotional videos or social media videos, please give us a call at (808) 536-0416, or use our website inquiry form at www.teamvision.com/contact.
Our team can help you create well-produced video ads as well as help you integrate those ads into your marketing and social media campaigns. Browse through some of the creative videos in our web site portfolio at https://www.teamvision.com/portfolio/#television and view our client video testimonials at www.teamvision.com/clients.