Busting Social Media Marketing Myths #3 Welcome to part three of Busting Social Marketing Myths. Social Media Marketing has been an essential tool for digital marketing agencies for years now, but some businesses still believe in some misconceptions surrounding it. Believing in these myths can prevent you from having a good social media presence. We feel it’s our responsibility to bust some of these common myths and help steer your business in the right direction. Make sure to read Busting Social Media Marketing Myths #1 and Busting Social Media Marketing Myths #2 for more busts on social media marketing myths. Myth: Social Media Is Just A Sales Tool Social media is a unique marketing channel, where brands can connect with their followers. It’s not all about making sales, it’s also about cultivating a community. If your feed is all about brand promotion and every post is always in a corporate voice, it will make the feed feel ingenuine and it might discourage the followers from wanting to engage with your posts. To cultivate your community, we suggest that your brand do three things:
- Post a variety of content to keep your feed interesting and refreshing. To get some ideas on what types of content to post, read “Social Media – Tips”.
- Engage with your audience by replying to their comments on posts, following them, and liking and commenting on their posts.
- Spark a conversation on your feed by encouraging your followers to give their input or answer a thought-provoking question. Then, respond to their comments. Make sure to tag their handle in the reply, so they get a notification of your response.
- Create a unique hashtag, preferably something that no one else is using.
- Encourage people to use it and tag your profile on their pictures.
- Then, select the best photos or posts to be shared on your feed.