Facebook Advertising Hawaii – Lookalike Audience Marketing
A common issue most marketers face at some point in time is that their existing customer lists and sources have been overmarketed to, and exhausted. As new customers are critical to a company’s ongoing success, you will need to get creative in finding new customer sources, and one tool you’ll definitely want to look at is Facebook Lookalike Audiences for Facebook advertising. Lookalike Audiences help you create brand new audiences based on traits from one of the following sources:
- Custom Audiences: You can upload a list of your existing customers using Custom Audiences. Then use Lookalike Audiences to find people that resemble that audience.
- Website visitors: You can install a Facebook pixel on your site. Then create Lookalike Audiences based on people who’ve visited specific pages of your website.
- Page fans: Use Lookalike Audiences to create an audience of new prospects based on people that have already liked your page.
When creating a new Facebook advertising lookalike audience, you first choose a source audience. This can be a current email marketing database, your CRM database, a custom audience created with a Facebook pixel, or Fans of your current Facebook page. Once you upload this database into the system, Facebook will then find people who are similar to (or “look like”) them.
Next, you can choose the size of your Lookalike Audience. Smaller audiences will more closely match the characteristics of your source audience. If you create a larger audience, it will increase your potential reach, but it will also reduce the level of similarity between the Lookalike Audience and your Source Audience. Facebook recommends a source audience with between 1,000 to 50,000 people. Source quality matters too. For example, if a source audience is made up of your best customers rather than all of your customers, that will lead to better results.
Here are some additional tips to consider when creating your Lookalike Audiences.
- Your Lookalike Audience will only include people from the country(s) you select during creation.
- Your source audience must contain at least 100 people from a single country in order to use it as the basis for a Lookalike Audience.
- You don’t have to include people from the country(s) you want to target in your source audience. For example, if you have a source audience of 10,000 people from the U.S., you can use that to create a Lookalike Audience of similar people in Canada.
- You can create up to 500 Lookalike Audiences from a single source audience.
- People in your source audience will be excluded from your Lookalike Audience.
- You can use multiple Lookalike Audiences at the same time for a single Facebook or Instagram ad set. The ad set will target your ads to people who are in any of the selected Lookalike Audiences.
If you’d like to learn more about Facebook Lookalike Audiences, Facebook and Instagram advertising services, or if you’re just in need of a Hawaii full-service advertising and marketing agency, please give us a call. We can assist you with all of your social media management and digital marketing service needs. In the meantime, check out some of our social media marketing programs and digital promotions in our web site portfolio at www.teamvision.com/portfolio/#social-media.
Phone: (808) 536-0416